2018 Bouchercon Banquet
St. Petersburg, FL
September 7, 2018
Once again, the Wolfe Pack will be hosting a banquet at this year’s Bouchercon, the World Mystery Convention, which is being held from September 6-9, 2018 in St. Petersburg, Florida. Our Wolfe Pack Bouchercon Banquet is patterned on the Black Orchid Banquet held in New York in December each year, including great food, Wolfean toasts, song parodies, and a keynote address. This year’s Banquet will be held on Friday evening, September 7, 2018. Cost is $135.00 per person. Reservations for the Banquet are necessary and can be made online at: https://mmm.ticketbud.com/nero-wolfe-banquet.
You need not register for Bouchercon to attend the banquet, but many of our members have attended past conventions and enjoyed them. Further information on Bouchercon can be found at www.bouchercon2018.com. Registration costs $225, and includes all Bouchercon programming, details of which can be found at www.bouchercon2018.com/schedule. Bouchercon registration does not include the Banquet which must be registered for and paid separately.
Hotel accommodation at conference rates is available at the Hyatt Place St. Petersburg ($169/night, including breakfast and parking), Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront ($139/night with discounted parking available), and Hampton Inn St. Petersburg ($154/night, including breakfast).
We hope that many of you will join us!
The little-known story of the WW II efforts of The Writers' War Board and it's president, Rex Stout
Coming January, 2019 from The University of Massachusetts Press
Click the text link above to order
Newly discovered homage atricle to Rex Stout in Firsts: The Book Collector's Magazine, (April, 2006, Vol. 16, No. 4)
- Click here to read the article, "Rex Stout: An American Original" by Kathryn Smiley
- Click here to read "A Checklist of Primary First Editions" by Robin H. Smiley, including approximate First Edition prices of all Rex Stout books (1929 -- 1975)
2018 Nero Award Finalists Announced
- The Dime by Kathleen Kent (Mulholland Books/Little, Brown)
- The Lioness is the Hunter by Loren D. Estelman (Forge)
- Gone to Dust by Matt Goldman (Forge)
- August Snow by Stephen Mack Jones (Soho)
- Blood for Wine by Warren C. Easley (Poisoned Pen Press)
Save the Dates – 2018 Black Orchid Weekend
November 30, December 1 & 2, 2018
The 41st Black Orchid Weekend will be held in New York from Friday evening, November 30 to Sunday, December 2, 2018. The events will include:
- a Friday night (11/30) book discussion of "Help Wanted, Male" & "Instead of Evidence" (with a video presentation of the A&E TV Series Episode of "Help Wanted, Male")
- the Saturday afternoon Assembly featuring presentations of varied topics relating to the Wolfe World
- the Black Orchid Banquet at Arno Ristorante
- a Sunday brunch
Further details and registration information will be circulated in the fall.